Mothers Day Poems - Heartfelt Poems on Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a celebration honoring the mother of the family, as well as motherhoodmaternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in the months of March or May. 

 A Sunshine 

My Mother, my friend so dear, 
Throughout my life you’re always near. 
A tender smile to guide my way, 
You’re the sunshine to light my day. 
~ Anon.

A Mother’s Love 

Of all the special joys in life, 
The big ones and the small, 
A mother’s love and tenderness 
Is the greatest of them all. 
~ Anon.

Blessing 

There is no blessing 
Quite so dear... 
As a mom like you 
To love year after year. 
~ Anon.
Read Here: Mother's Day ❤ Mother's Day Quotes❤ Mother's Day History

Shortest Mother’s Day Poem 

You’re my mother, 
I would have no other! 
~ Forest Houtenschil

A Wish for You 

Just one little wish for you, Mom, 
But it’s loving and happy and true - 
It’s a wish that the nicest and best things 
Will always keep coming to you! 
~ Anon.

Wonderful Mother 

The heart of a home is a mother 
Whose love is warm and true, 
And home has always been “sweet home” 
With a wonderful mother like you! 
~ Anon.

Untitled 

Here’s wishing you a Mother’s Day 
That’s filled with every pleasure, 
And a future that’s as happy 
As the memories you treasure! 
~ Anon.

A Mother’s Prayer For You 

I said a Mother’s Day prayer for you 
to thank the Lord above 
for blessing me with a lifetime 
of your tenderhearted love. 
I thanked God for the caring 
you’ve shown me through the years, 
for the closeness we’ve enjoyed 
in time of laughter and of tears. 
And so, I thank you from the heart 
for all you’ve done for me 
and I bless the Lord for giving me 
the best mother there could be! 
~ Anon.

Wishing You a Wonderful Day 

Sending this, Mom, 
Especially to say 
Wishing you a happy 
And wonderful day... 
And to tell you this day 
Will always be one 
For remembering the many 
Sweet things you have done! 
~ Anon.

Thank You, Mother 

Once upon a memory 
Someone wiped away a tear 
Held me close and loved me, 
Thank you, Mother dear. 
~ Anon.

Mothers Day Poems - Heartfelt Poems on Mother's Day
Read Here: 10 Amazing Summer Beverages You Must Drink To Beat The Heat!

Wonderful Mother 

God made a wonderful mother, 
A mother who never grows old; 
He made her smile of the sunshine, 
And He molded her heart of pure gold; 
In her eyes He placed bright shining stars, 
In her cheeks fair roses you see; 
God made a wonderful mother, 
And He gave that dear mother to me. 
~ Pat O’Reilly

I Love You Mom! 

Mom’s smiles can brighten any moment, 
Mom’s hugs put joy in all our days, 
Mom’s love will stay with us forever 
and touch our lives in precious ways... 
The values you’ve taught, 
the care you’ve given, 
and the wonderful love you’ve shown, 
have enriched my life 
in more ways than I can count. 
I Love you Mom! 
~ Anon.

Mother... 

You filled my days with rainbow lights, 
Fairytales and sweet dream nights, 
A kiss to wipe away my tears, 
Gingerbread to ease my fears. 
You gave the gift of life to me 
And then in love, you set me free. 
I thank you for your tender care, 
For deep warm hugs and being there. 
I hope that when you think of me 
A part of you 
You’ll always see. 
~ Anon.

To My Mother 

For all the times you gently picked me up, 
When I fell down, 
For all the times you tied my shoes 
And tucked me into bed, 
Or needed something 
But put me first instead. 
For everything we shared, 
The dreams, the laughter, 
And the tears, 
I love you with a “Special Love” 
That deepens every year. 
~ Anon.

Grandma 

While we honor all our mothers 
with words of love and praise. 
While we tell about their goodness 
and their kind and loving ways. 
We should also think of Grandma, 
she’s a mother too, you see... 
For she mothered my dear mother 
as my mother mothers me. 
~ Anon.

Mommy, I love you 

Mommy, I love you 
For all that you do. 
I’ll kiss you and hug you 
’Cause you love me, too. 
You feed me and need me 
To teach you to play, 
So smile ’cause I love you 
On this Mother’s Day. 
~ Nicholas Gordon

Roses. 

My mom, she’s the best, 
From her head to her toes! 
She’s warm and she’s soft, 
And smells as sweet as a rose. 
~ Unknown.

God Created Mothers 

When God created mothers, 
All as lovely as can be, 
He made one extra special, 
And saved her just for me! 
~ Holly Giffers

Flowers 

I’ve made some Mother’s day flowers, 
With my fingers and my thumb, 
So you’ll always have these memories, 
For all the years to come. 
~ Unknown.

Cup of Tea for Mom 

I will try my best in every way, 
To be extra sweet on Mother’s day. 
But if you become upset with me, 
Please relax and have a cup of tea! 
~ Unknown.

Mother 

Your arms were always open 
when I needed a hug. 
Your heart understood 
when I needed a friend. 
Your gentle eyes were stern 
when I needed a lesson. 
Your strength and love has guided me 
and gave me wings to fly. 
~ Sarah Malin

Best Friends 
Best friends forever, mom and me 
picking flowers and climbing trees. 
A shoulder to cry on, secrets to share 
Warm hearts and hands that really care. 
~ Anon.

Short Mothers day Poem 

For all you do, 
you do with love. 
You are so special, 
A gift from above. 
And with all my heart, 
I want to say, 
I love you Mom. 
Happy Mother’s Day. 
~ Anon.

A mother. 

A mother wraps 
her love around the heart 
of her daughter, 
keeping each beat steady 
through the rhythm of life, 
until wings take shape, 
and it’s time for the soul 
to take flight. 
~ Christy Ann Martine.

Mother & Daughter 

It’s a special bond that spans the years, 
through laughter, worry, smiles, and tears. 
A sense of trust that can’t be broken, 
a depth of love sometimes unspoken. 
A lifelong friendship built on sharing, 
hugs and kisses, warmth and caring. 
Mother and daughter, their hearts as one - 
a link that can never be undone. 
~ Unknown.

Short Mothers day Poem 


There is no doubt Mom, 
you’re the best. 
The one and only. 
I’m proud to be your son. 
And I’d like to thank you for 
the loving things you’ve done. 
~ Anon.

Short Mother’s day Poem for Mom 

Roses are red,
Voilets are blue, 
Sugar is sweet, 
And so are you! 

My Handprint 

Here is my handprint,
Five fingers in all, 
Outside they are short,
But the middle is tall. 

You will find them on windows, 
You can find them on the wall, 
They will make a big mess, 
For something so small. 

One day I will grow, 
And leave them no more, 
My handprints will be missed, 
Of that I am sure. 

So here is one now, 
That you can’t wipe away, 
My present to you, 
This Mother’s Day. 
~ Anon.

Fingerprints! 

Dirt and cookie fingerprints 
are not too hard to find, 
You’ll see them on our walls and drawers, 
Where I go, they’re left behind! 

But soon I’ll learn to wash my hands, 
And tuck them by my side, 
The walls and drawers clean once more, 
No grubby marks to hide. 

So here I leave my fingerprints, 
Each and every one, 
Painted as a reminder, 
Of dirt, and cookies, and fun! 
~ Unknown.

Put Up With Me 


I’m glad that you’re my mother, 
Kind and caring and strong. 
Coz surely no-one else, 
Could have put up with me this long! 
~ Holly Giffers

Please, and Thanks! 

You taught me to say “Please” and “Thanks”, 
because politeness is the way. 
So, “please” can I borrow some money? 
“Thanks”! 
Just kidding! 
Happy Mother’s day! 
~ Unknown.

New Mom. 

New Mom. 
New fun. 
So blessed. 
This one. 
Long nights. 
Short days. 
Go back? 
No way. 
~ Unknown.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post